Job Title: Client Service Administrator
Salary: £22,000 to £28,000 per annum (Depending on experience)
Job type: Full Time, Permanent Location: Boston Spa, West Yorkshire
This is an excellent opportunity to join an award-winning, forward-thinking and friendly firm on a competitive salary and with genuine career progression.
To support the growth and development of our firm, we are looking for an outstanding Client Service Administrator who has the diligence and skills to become a valuable member of our client focused financial planning team.
You will be working within the client service team to provide full administrative support to our financial planners across a full range of financial products.
We believe that life is for living, which is why we provide holistic financial planning advice to our clients, who want to ensure they can continue to live life to the full.
Our award-winning family run company is based in the heart of Boston Spa, near Leeds. We have established ourselves over a number of years, as the trusted adviser for private clients seeking expertise on managing their finances. Our business is proud to hold the Chartered Financial Planners Firm status and CISI Accredited Financial Planning Firm™ status.
We aim to give our clients the very best service and our employees the very best support in their work.
Our business is built on a firm commitment to customer care and the culture of our business reflects this.
About the Role
As Client Services Administrator, you will work collaboratively with our Financial Planners & Paraplanners to ensure that clients receive an exceptional level of service as well as complying with FCA rules and regulation and your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the Financial Planners in managing client relationships
- Working alongside the Paraplanners to co-ordinate, manage and implement administration for the client including gathering information on existing investments, preparing documents for meetings and making sure client records are up to date and accurate
- Have regular communication with clients, providing them with progress updates
- Co-ordinate all administration during both the client onboarding and delivery process, ensuring that any meeting follow up is actioned
As a Client Services Administrator, you’ll need to be process driven, able to prioritise busy workloads effectively and be a good all-round communicator and you must be / have:
- Previous financial services experience is preferred but is not essential but you must have previous office-based experience
- Communicate effectively with an excellent telephone manner
- Organise your own day to day activities
- Excellent communication skills; written, verbal and IT literate, Microsoft Outlook (Calendar, Email, Tasks and Contacts) & Microsoft Word & Excel & Internet
- Have a positive attitude, flexible & helpful
- A willingness to follow business processes and procedures
- The ability to work well under pressure both independently and in a team without supervision
How to Apply
If you want to join us in our goal of changing the lives of our clients and building your own career in financial planning – we’d love to hear from you.
The successful applicant will receive a competitive basic salary, a generous holiday allowance as well as a range of benefits. You will also enjoy being part of a small friendly team, where there is the opportunity to be an integral part in the growth of the business.
Please send your CV and a short covering letter to email@example.com explaining why the opportunity interests you and why you would be a valuable addition to our team.
If you would like to find out more about us, please look at our YouTube, Facebook, Twitter or LinkedIn pages (by searching for ‘Berry & Oak’) or visit the “Why work for us” page on our website to get more of a feel for our beliefs/thoughts.
We look forward to hearing from you.
About the rewards
As a Client Services Administrator you will receive an excellent salary of £22,000 to £28,000 per annum depending on experience plus:
- Discretionary Bonus Scheme
- Exam and Training Support to develop skills and gain extra qualifications
- 26 days annual leave in addition to bank holidays, increasing with service
- Additional days holiday for your Birthday
- Generous Group Pension Scheme and Private Medical & Health Care Scheme
- 4 x Death in Service Scheme
Ready to talk?
If you want to know more about getting the most out of your finances for your retirement, investing or estate planning, please get in touch. You can send us an email or use the direct message box at the bottom of this page. Or call us and we can chat through your needs and, if you are ready, make an appointment to better understand how we can help.