Job Title: Paraplanner
Salary: £30,000 to £40,000 per annum plus excellent benefits
Job type: Full Time, Permanent Location: The beautiful village of Boston Spa, West Yorkshire (LS23), with ample free parking
Why come and work with Berry & Oak?
We are a multi award-winning financial planning firm, holding the prestigious titles of Chartered Financial Planning Firm and also an Accredited Financial Planning Firm.
We are a small but highly qualified team providing full financial planning that is independent and an excellent level of service to our high-net-worth clients. We have a clear focus on doing the right thing for our clients, in the right way. This has led to his receiving a number of awards and accolades such as the “CISI Accredited Financial Planning Firm of the Year 2019”, the “Professional Adviser Firm of the Year 2020” and also the “Yorkshire Financial Awards Employer of the Year 2019”.
We have also been awarded the “New Model Adviser firm of the North” for 2019, 2020 and 2021 as well as the “Professional Adviser Firm of the Year – North-East” for 2019 and 2020 and the “Professional Adviser Tax-Efficient Adviser of the Year” for 2021.
The awards and accolades we have achieved are a testament to the quality of the work and service provided by our team to our clients and shows we are committed to being the best financial planning firm that we can be.
As a steadily growing financial planning business, we offer a superb working environment and ultimately a great opportunity for a Paraplanner looking for the next move. We will provide you with support and direction to help you develop your skills, with the ability to progress as the business grows and you will have ample opportunity to contribute to the development of the business.
Key Purpose of the Role
Responsibility for providing excellent paraplanning support to the Financial Planners.
One of the unique parts of our role is that you will be actively encouraged to participate in client meetings and help to formulate financial plans and strategies and will not just be a report writer.
Experience of process and workflow management would be beneficial.
Duties & responsibilities include:
- Support the Financial Planners with research and analysis to meet client needs and objectives.
- Prepare Financial Plans and Suitability Reports.
- Prepare and collate documentation to support the recommendation and justify the provider and product recommended.
- Assist with client meetings, including taking notes and follow up any actions as required.
- Manage your own workflows and tasks.
- Follow compliance processes to manage risk and adhere to quality standards while ensuring excellent customer outcomes.
Skills and Experience
- You will hold the Diploma Level 4 qualification (or higher) and have a desire to achieve Chartered and / or Certified financial planner status.
- You will have a minimum of 18 months experience in a similar position.
- Good understanding of the financial planning process and associated compliance aspects.
- Driven and focused with the ability to complete tasks under pressure on time and right first time.
- Experience of report writing and conducting investment and product market research.
- Technically proficient across all areas of financial planning, especially pensions.
- Used to dealing with high net worth clients.
- Act with honesty and integrity.
- Ability to use technical financial planning tools, financial modelling and back office software.
- Be able to work on own initiative and achieve agreed outcomes without supervision.
- The ability to work as part of a team and interact with clients and providers outside of the business.
- Act as main point of contact and deal effectively with technical queries from clients and other parties through effective communication.
Ready to talk?
If you want to know more about getting the most out of your finances for your retirement, investing or estate planning, please get in touch. You can send us an email or use the direct message box at the bottom of this page. Or call us and we can chat through your needs and, if you are ready, make an appointment to better understand how we can help.